freeware for phots

Reaction score
hey guys
when i want to look at my photos i need to go one by one, (for some reason I don't have IPhoto on my powerbook mac OS X 10.4.11) so anyways, every time i need to look at the photos that i download from my cam i need to clik on each one to open and see it which takes a lot of time, and i was wondering if there is a software that i can get for free (something that is really simple) that i can use to look at the photos easily and be able to do some adjustment to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
do you have the original install disks for the powerbook?

OP
H
Reaction score
i don't think you , i bought this computer years ago, i don't remember having an install CD, i can look for it tho. what would be the reason i don't have the iphoto? what can i do if i don't find the CD?

M

MacHeadCase

iPhoto and the iLife suite is part of the bundled software that comes with every new Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
i don't think you , i bought this computer years ago, i don't remember having an install CD, i can look for it tho. what would be the reason i don't have the iphoto? what can i do if i don't find the CD?

did you buy it new? Do you have iMovie on it? If you don't have any of those other 'i' apps, then they haven't been installed. If just iPhoto is missing, then something strange has happened, as it should be there.

As for alternatives, I spent some time looking recently too. One I liked, was Jet Photo. You can turn ordinary folders into albums, so you have the freedom of having albums pretty much wherever you like - you just need to be more organised then :p It doesn't handle RAW photos though, so if you shoot RAW, you're better off finding something else. If you don't then it should be a nice app to use. A little confusing at first, but has some very cool features, and the interface is pretty easy to follow. It also allows you to export albums as flash galleries (freeware version has limited no. of uses though, Pro version is shareware)

That's one of the best I've come across. I'd be interested to know of any other freeware apps that support RAW and can manage photos easily, so I'm open to recommendations too!

OP
H
Reaction score
yey, i found three CDs
Powerbook G4 software were i have the option to install applications, but when i hit the button install it's says the software was restored now inter the CD that hs this illustration i eject the CD and reenter it but nothing happenes. sorry but i'm not good with technical things
the other CDs i have are apple hardware test and airport. is that all i should have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
yey, i found three CDs
Powerbook G4 software were i have the option to install applications, but when i hit the button install it's says the software was restored now inter the CD that hs this illustration i eject the CD and reenter it but nothing happenes. sorry but i'm not good with technical things
the other CDs i have are apple hardware test and airport. is that all i should have?

is the CD it's asking you to insert the one already inserted? Look for the mark on the CD - it should be a white ring pattern. Find that one and put it in.

If you're already inserting the correct CD with nothing happening, I'm not sure what to do next. Is it possible to do a custom install (you can usually click this during some software installations, and it will allow you to install what you need, rather than everything)

Not sure how many CDs you should have, as it seems to change between mac models. On my macbook for instance, I didn't have an Airport CD as it was already installed, and I only have 2 CDs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.