Which laptop to buy.

Reaction score
Well, i previously had around 800$ saved up to get a mac mini. My dad said today that he will buy the mini instead of letting me buy it, so it can become a family computer. But, i still want my own personal mac. Im thinking a laptop. Now, at the end of february, i should have around 1000$, what would the best mac laptop be to purchase. This is including ebay, since i cannot find any older laptops at retail websites.

P.s I only selected macbook as the prefix because i was forced to choose one, please disregard it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, i previously had around 800$ saved up to get a mac mini. My dad said today that he will buy the mini instead of letting me buy it, so it can become a family computer. But, i still want my own personal mac. Im thinking a laptop. Now, at the end of february, i should have around 1000$, what would the best mac laptop be to purchase. This is including ebay, since i cannot find any older laptops at retail websites.

P.s I only selected macbook as the prefix because i was forced to choose one, please disregard it.

You're not terribly far off from a new white MacBook. If it were me, I'd save up a couple more months and just buy a new one.

Otherwise, you're looking at buying used (obviously) - this site has a list of used Mac dealers. I'd stay away from eBay unless you're really comfortable with the seller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
You're not terribly far off from a new white MacBook. If it were me, I'd save up a couple more months and just buy a new one.

Otherwise, you're looking at buying used (obviously) - this site has a list of used Mac dealers. I'd stay away from eBay unless you're really comfortable with the seller.

I would suggest saving a little more money and buying an entry-level macbook.

If you're not opposed to buying refurbished products, you can save some money by purchasing a refurbished macbook through apple's online store. Buying a lightly used macbook through ebay might also be an option for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.