New Apple for college?

Reaction score
I've always had a big problems with viruses. I can have a virus protector, and still get one. That's when someone suggested getting a Mac. So I'm looking at them, and they're pretty expensive. So my main question, for a college student, how much different would the APPLE MACBOOK 13.3" 2.0GHz INTEL CORE 2 DUO
and the APPLE MACBOOK 13.3" 2.2GHz INTEL CORE 2 DUO be? How much will the 0.2GHz effect everything? It's a $200 difference.. thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Well, it also has a better optical drive (Combo drive vs 'Super'Drive). And the hard drive is bigger (80GB vs 120GB).
The 0,2GHz will make everything run a little bit faster too.
It all depends on what you intend to do with the laptop and how much you can/want to spend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
The 0.2 won't really be noticeable, but if you want to be able to burn DVDs and store more things than get the one thats $200 more. IMO for a college student you are definitaly gunna want the 2.2GHz one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
Agreed with the above. While the processor speed won't be too noticeable, the ability to burn any type of media, along with the bigger hard drive, are worth the price, especially for a college student. Being a student myself, I sprung for the most I could get, so I wouldn't have to upgrade very much for several years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
I just started this fall semester as a freshman and decided to go with the bigger processor that was out at the time(2.16) that came with the Superdrive and 160gb hard drive and I'm glad I did. I filled up my hard drive super quick with movies and music (you might not need a big hard drive) and I burn DVDs a lot (again you might not need too). I would say go ahead and spend the 200 now and get the upgraded Macbook, you won't regret it.

Reaction score
If I were you I would check out the refurbished store. You can get the better Macbook for the same price as the lesser new one. Best of both worlds and you can't go wrong with the refurbished ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.