CrossOver alternatives?

Reaction score
my 30 day CrossOver trial is coming to an end :(
it's a great application but sorry not worth it at the moment.. only supports one of the many applications i need.

i know there are alternatives such as WINE.. but i tried looking at their website and they seem to have versions for linux but not for mac? :S

is there WINE for mac and are there any other similar programs that do this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
No there are no other alternatives.
If you like crossover so much then buy it.
Or if you have a copy of windows then install parallels or VM fusion or 'Q'.

CrossOver (before version 6.0 CrossOver Office) is the collective name for three commercial and proprietary programs developed by CodeWeavers that allows many Windows-based applications to run on Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris using a compatibility layer. The programs include CrossOver Mac, CrossOver Linux and CrossOver Server.

The programs are tweaked, proprietary versions of the public Wine source tree with various compatibility patches added, more user-friendly configuration tools, and virtualization features. CodeWeavers employs several Wine developers and contributes code back to the free software/open source software Wine project as per the GNU LGPL, although CrossOver itself is proprietary software.

Google Mac Crossover & wiki........

kao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.