• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Protest The Hero Album!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
Is anybody else as excited for the new PTH album as I am? Only 3 days away!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
listening now...

meh. there are bands who've been forgotten for 15-20 years (where they no doubt got plenty of their influence) that were better. ;)

i guess it's fine if you like that metal noodling. ;P

OP
KB3GZW
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I like them because its not all screaming. I like some screaming, but not all. They are also very melodic and not just noise.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
listen to godflesh or fear factory - not all screamy - sometimes melodic. not nearly as noodley. ;)

really, i'm not trying to peepee on your parade - i'm just not a fan of that sound. i like my harder stuff to have a certain not-so 80's not-so satriani sound. if you dig it though, that's cool. maybe you'll turn someone else on to it that'll find it interesting.

OP
KB3GZW
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No offense taken. I looked at godflesh, they are pretty good. I have heard of fear factory, They just dont jive with me, if that makes sense. I actually like the noodle/sweep picking of Protest the Hero. Just like dragonforce

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.