Any Nikon D40 pics out there??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Sorry, but the Mac-forums installed DSLR user base have all been converted to Canon. The above post is probably close to the only current solution.

O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Sorry, but the Mac-forums installed DSLR user base have all been converted to Canon. The above post is probably close to the only current solution.

O:)

Of course you jest! ...says I with my Canon EOS-30D DSLR and my Canon G9 point-n-shoot! :D

Reaction score
I HAVE A NIKON D40 and my pictures from the camera are posted underneathe the "Critique" thread. I now have a d80. I believe Nikon is way more superior than Canon they have better glass quality, and are simpler to use. Ever try to scroll through a menu in a Canon when you have only a couple seconds to take the shot???

OP
M
Reaction score
Not bandwagoners, just people making a decision of one product over another.

Fair enough. I usually associate "converted" with "influenced". Most people that are influenced can't make a choice on their own and therefore jump on the old wagon.

That being said, my current camera is a Canon. Im curious what the other side of the pond (Nikon, Pentax, Sony, etc.) has to offer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Fair enough. I usually associate "converted" with "influenced". Most people that are influenced can't make a choice on their own and therefore jump on the old wagon.

That being said, my current camera is a Canon. Im curious what the other side of the pond (Nikon, Pentax, Sony, etc.) has to offer.

Canon's main claim to fame is high ISO performance. Grab any entry level camera from any of those manufactures and shoot a picture between ISO 100 and ISO 400 and the crappy pictures will come from the "crappy" photographers.

I can still take good pictures using my original digital rebel even though I use a 30D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I HAVE A NIKON D40 and my pictures from the camera are posted underneathe the "Critique" thread. I now have a d80. I believe Nikon is way more superior than Canon they have better glass quality, and are simpler to use. Ever try to scroll through a menu in a Canon when you have only a couple seconds to take the shot???
Personally I find Canon's UI way more intuitive than Nikon's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Im different again, I have a sony A100 DSLR. i like it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!

It depends which model line. The rebels require you to go into menus just to change the ISO where something like the 10,20,30, and 40d are fairly streamlined

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
It depends which model line. The rebels require you to go into menus just to change the ISO where something like the 10,20,30, and 40d are fairly streamlined
True, I have not yet tried out every single Nikon model :p. But the few ones that I did play with I found not so intuitive. Most likely because I'm used to Canon, but O:).

OP
M
Reaction score
True, I have not yet tried out every single Nikon model :p. But the few ones that I did play with I found not so intuitive. Most likely because I'm used to Canon, but O:).

Thats an interesting point. I think that is the same reason some PC users cant convert to or understand the Mac. Not that the Mac OS is better or worse, they are just not use to the OS and give up early rather than learn it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD

Interesting. I've been a Canon user for 30 years, and prefer the ergonomics of the Nikon. I just have too much invested in Canon glass to make the change, not that I would want to just for the Nikon bodies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.