Safari help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO 2.6ghz 4gb ram
Right with a degree in IT i cant figure out how to get safari full screen if i click on the green button it switches between about 75% and 30% of the screen? sorry for such a stupid question! Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
The applications on the Mac are not made to be full screen. By pushing the green button, it just sets the height of the window. You will need to click and drag the bottom right corner of the window to make it the size you want it.

When I first got my G3 iMac and switching from Windows 98', I was so mad I couldnt make the windows fill screen. But I've gotten used to it and now I don't mind.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The green button makes the page large enough to display the content of the page you are viewing. Like the other poster said, there is no Maximize. If you want it pretty much full screen, drag the bottom right corner till it fills the screen.

Reaction score
...I've gotten used to it and now I don't mind.

Agreed. I did quite a bit of homework before buying my iMac and wondered why the green button wouldn't make all windows go full screen. Now, after only one month of ownership, I wouldn't want it any other way. Besides, a 24" screen is a lot of real estate. I find full screen too big for most applications except iTunes. Even when I run Windows in Parallels, I don't go full screen on any application there either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15. 2.6GHz. 2GB. Airport Extreme Base n. iPod nano 8GB.
After you drag the lower right corner to full screen (if this is your preference) -- drag the window to the dock -- now click on the docked icon, it will return to the desktop in full screen, or to whatever size you chose prior to docking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.