First post here, very new to the Mac world but loving it

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I am only one month into the MAC world using iMAC 20"/2.4gHz/3GB RAM and let me tell you I am loving it..I have a question about wireless networking.

Currently have iMAC, brother network printer (MFC 7820N), PC desktop (WIN XP). All are connected wirelessly thru D-LINK 802.11g/2.4GHz wireless router. Here is my setup. High speed modem into the router; and Ethernet connection out to the Printer. I am connecting wirelessly from iMAC (thru Airport) and on the PC thru a wireless card (Netgear).

Here is my problem(s): I can connect to the internet from both machines no problems; I can print from iMAC to the printer without problem BUT I can't print from the PC and I can't see my iMAC on the PC and I can't see my PC on the iMAC

Can someone help? I really don't want to change my setup if possible (see above)..

Many thanks for you help for this newbie !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Sounds firewall related. Turn off XP firewall or whatever internet security suite you may be running to test connectivity.

I know you're new to Mac and all but doesn't it seem more like a problem with the PC to you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
hate to ask but is it shown as a shared printer on both computers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.