Wireless Internet - Webpage problems

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am posting to find out any information on possible remedies for this problem. I am overseas (South America) and run a mac book pro 15". I have been experiencing problems displaying certain pages (i.e. cnn.com/sports section) as well as others when I am using the wireless internet connection. If I am directly connected, it displays fine. I often get a connection timed out error. This applies for both safari and firefox. I am current on all my updates and apps and I have tested on a pc laptop using the same wirelss source and everything works fine. Any ideas? seems to be mac specific.

Thanks

Michael

P.S. I am using a linksys wireless G router and the internet provider is Fibretel.

Reaction score
That's odd, because I have a problem just like that.

I have a Macbook that uses a Netgear wireless internet connection via Airport. It connects just fine, but strangely enough, it only loads CERTAIN websites. The other websites just time out, like in your situation. I'm perplexed, because the Macbook is able to connect and access the internet, but cannot access certain websites.

I would really appreciate a remedy as well!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.