Logix Express - Delay Question

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am really enjoying this forum and learning a lot about macs. Mine is a new mac pro with leopard.

On to my question:

I have been using using the internal microphone to record my acoustic guitar so I could have something to mess around with in the software. It records decently well. I am waiting to get a pre-amp or interface to connect external Shure microphones.

Last night I tried to connect my electric guitar (passive) directly to the line in on the computer. I wasn't recording, just monitoring and seeing how it would sound directly plugged in. Well to my dismay, there was a very noticeable DELAY from when I struck a string to when I heard it through the headphones I was using. This is with no effects and a new project - no other programs running on the computer. I don't know why this happening, as I have done this before with PCs with less computing power without a hitch.

Is there a way to fix this? I find it weird that there is such a noticeable delay. For example if I lay down a rhythm guitar track I cannot time a lead part right because of the delay.

Thanks in advance!
Derek

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.