Help!! Removing Disc Images

Reaction score
I downloaded this program called "messenger for mac" so when i downloaded it something poped up as a "disk image" so when ever i open messenger for mac that disk image pops up, how do i get rid of it? its making me so mad... i also moved it into my application folder and it still does it (when i moved it into my applications folder, it showed a little black arrow, which i think is a copy of the original)(i want the original in the applications folder)

if someone could tell me that would be great!! im geting sooooooooooooo mad at this

thanks in advance
scraped

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like you have not installed the program to Applications. Have a look there and see if it is installed. If not, double click the .dmg image which should expand, drag the program's icon to the Application folder. You can then trash the .dmg image.

Open Applications, and drag the Messenger icon to the Dock so you have an alias there to open the program .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Sounds like you have not installed the program to Applications. Have a look there and see if it is installed. If not, double click the .dmg image which should expand, drag the program's icon to the Application folder. You can then trash the .dmg image.

Open Applications, and drag the Messenger icon to the Dock so you have an alias there to open the program .

Which is the same information located here in the Sticky Thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
I honestly believe, with all due respect, that all new mac users should be directed to all stickies and read them BEFORE being able to post...

Just my 2 cents worth...

I hang out at the switchers site to help people and 90% of the time they all ask the same questions...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.