Power Adapter...Need help!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone....

Okay, here's my problem...Sometimes when the battery on my Macbook Pro 2.2 ghz 2 gigs ram etc...dies, I put in the power adapter. Sometime, the green light doesn't even come on. I know that it turns from green to amber when you first put it in, but it doesn't even do that. I have to take it out, and then put it back in, then it will work.

I also discovered yesterday also that, I had a very faint amber light while my macbook was recharging.

Do you think this is a power adapter issue or my actual macbook? I don't have apple care, but this thing is less than a year old.

What do you guys suggest?

I've read something about resetting my PRAM, should I do this?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Hi Everyone....

Okay, here's my problem...Sometimes when the battery on my Macbook Pro 2.2 ghz 2 gigs ram etc...dies, I put in the power adapter. Sometime, the green light doesn't even come on. I know that it turns from green to amber when you first put it in, but it doesn't even do that. I have to take it out, and then put it back in, then it will work.

I also discovered yesterday also that, I had a very faint amber light while my macbook was recharging.

Do you think this is a power adapter issue or my actual macbook? I don't have apple care, but this thing is less than a year old.

What do you guys suggest?

I've read something about resetting my PRAM, should I do this?

Can you take it to an Apple store?

It sounds like the power lead is failing but the store could easily prove that was the case and if so would probably swap the power supply for a new one.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2ghz,1 GB, 250 gig
I had a simmilar problem when I bought mine,turned out to be the adapter box was faulty.warranty.no problem.I would strongly advise you to get the aditional warranty,though,before the year ends.I had my motherboard crap out on me, 3 (three!) days before the warranty ended.got a new one replaced,and bought the extended warranty,from the money I would have payed 4 days later.900 pounds for a new motherboard.
ps:am i just dumb or what?how do you start a new thread in this forum.?

OP
T
Reaction score
I had a simmilar problem when I bought mine,turned out to be the adapter box was faulty.warranty.no problem.I would strongly advise you to get the aditional warranty,though,before the year ends.I had my motherboard crap out on me, 3 (three!) days before the warranty ended.got a new one replaced,and bought the extended warranty,from the money I would have payed 4 days later.900 pounds for a new motherboard.
ps:am i just dumb or what?how do you start a new thread in this forum.?

You'll see a New Thread tab at the top of the page.

Thanks for the help guys.

OP
T
Reaction score
just got back from the Apple store. Very friendly..told them my problem. They tested my MBP with one of their power adapters. They just did a straight up swap! NICE. Did you guys know that Power Adapters are now smaller? I got my MBP last year so, it ain't that old. But yeah, the adpater is more square now.

Thanks Apple!

Reaction score
My adapter light will come on when I plug it in, and then go off within about a minute. My compute stays charged, does this mean my adapter is going out?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.