Help Please

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

Im new to mac's and apple life. I have been playing around on the girlfriends MacBook and have been thinking about upgrading my comp!

I dont know what to do, i fell in Love when i saw the iMac, and almost instantly got one! Then i got thinking and looked at the mini mac thing!

What i want to do is use it as a tv and a comp, so was thinking of getting a flat screen tv and running the mini mac thru it or getting the iMac and getting a TV card!

I mainly use my comp for surfing the net, editing photo's and making DVD's (just simple surf and snowboard stuff) so i dont need a massive spec!

Just wondered if anyone use's there iMac as a TV or if there is any problems with using a normal tv as a monitor (providing it has the right connectivity).

Also how do i transfer my music collection from windows to my new mac? Its all on a ext HD but im not sure if its got mac drivers or if my window's formatted iPod will then work ok with Mac!

Any help or suggestions would be brilliant! Thanks

Reaction score
Welcome and I'm glad you're getting into the Mac world. First and foremost pretty much any Mac you can buy will be suitable for your needs, including the Mac Mini. Photos and DVD-making might not be as fast on the Mini as it would on a Mac with a dedicated graphics card, but a Mac Mini will certainly get the job done.

As you said, as long as you get the proper connections, you will be fine hooking it up to your TV.

As for your music, all you must do is connect the Mac Mini to your external drive and under iTunes select "Add folder to Library" and select the music folder on your drive. Connect your iPod and it will format itself to Mac, and sync your music.

Let us know if you have any other problems, and have a nice stay here at Mac-Forums :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks, I think i will go for an iMac, has anyone watched Tv on there's?? Also whats the best way to get tv on my mac!(When i get it) Just realised i look like a TV addict now, im not, just trying to kill 2 birds with one stone!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.