Just bought an iMac G4, cant connect to the internet!

Reaction score
Hi there i just purchased a an imac g4 and was wondering why i cant connect it to my wireless router, my laptop connects fine, but the mac wont, any guides or knowledge i should know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What are you using to connect with - Airport and is there an Airport card installed? Don't say what model your iMac is and some did not come with the card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hi there i just purchased a an imac g4 and was wondering why i cant connect it to my wireless router, my laptop connects fine, but the mac wont, any guides or knowledge i should know?
Does the iMac have an AirPort card installed? They were not standard on the G4 models.

OP
W
Reaction score
no it doesnt have an airport card, and if it needs one, would i be better off buying a usb wireless dongle thingy because they are lots cheaper

OP
W
Reaction score
Do I need an airport card for wireless internet connection?

I just bought an imac g4, but they dont come with airport cards, so do i need one to connect wirelessly and would a usb wifi thingy work because they are much cheaper than airport cards?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Any Mac compatible Wi-Fi device will let you connect to the Internet. You don't specifically need an Airport card.

OP
W
Reaction score
ok, well i bought a wifi usb device, and it picks up the internet from my router, but my mac, doesnt recognise it and wont let me set up the internet or anything, can anyone suggest where i could get an airport card for my mac, or tell me how to make my mac pick up the usb device so i can connect to the internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
did you buy a mac compatible dongle thingy?

OP
W
Reaction score
i did buy a mac compatible dongle, i made sure it met the requirements of my mac, when i have loaded the software disc, it lets me see what networks i can connect to, i select my own one, but when i open safari no internet, and when i try and make it work it doesnt recognise it being there

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.