He's onny gone an done it!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
n/a
I've finally made the leap.
I went into the Apple store and bought me a nice 24" imac.
I was in the que for a 20" and changed my mind at the last miniute!!!!

It's huge, i can't believe how bigger it looks now it's in my house. I like it, but having used Windows for sooooo long, it seems a little strange.
It's gonna take a lot of getting used to but it's gonna be fun.

Craig

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
n/a
Thank you. I'll take a look for it!
I've been fiddling around on it tonight and can't seem to find where i put my pics or videos yet. I'll get there though!! There's much info on this forum too so i'm quite happy.
Thanks again

Reaction score
let me explain something that has helped people alot previously. Your desktop on your Mac is just like "My Computer" on windows. It will show you all peripherals connected, but it will also act like a real "desktop" if you need it to, you can copy apps/files to it for quick access. But "Macintosh HD" is where everything is stored.

MacHD>Users>YourUserName (it'll have alittle home icon next to it, on the left)>pictures/videos, etc.

is where all yoru stuff goes, also, just drag pics to iPhoto for easier photo storage/organization

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
have a happy mac experience

and keep coming back here to get any help you need (this is the nicest mac forum I have found so far)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Welcome Craig! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
MacHD>Users>YourUserName (it'll have alittle home icon next to it, on the left)>pictures/videos, etc.
But whatever you do... DO NOT change the name of your Home folder. If you do, you're in for a major headache.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
A site that I always recommend to switchers is www.myfirstmac.com
This, I believe, is a great resource and a definite bookmark.

Also, if you really want your desktop to stand out visit interfacelift.com (note no www.)
They have the best high resolution wallpapers that I have ever seen!
I personally use the London Eye one.

Have fun with your new mac.

Reaction score
I got a new 24" last week. LOVE IT. Finding this website was the biggest key. It is full of great info from great folks. I bought the missing manual book from Amazon. PRICELESS. It is a great reference book to have. It also helps that I am 10 min away from a apple store. To tell you the truth I can be there in under 10 ;D

Thank you all.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
n/a
Thank you for the welcome guys!
The info you're offering is wondeful. I have found a copy of that book and i will be ordering it soon. So far I've brought in all my photos from my ext HD and imported them into iPhoto. It's awesome, i can't get over how much of a nice experience it is browsing through them.
I also love the fact that i can preview up and coming movie trailers through Front Row.....small i know but i think its fantastic!!
Thanks again. I'll have many more questions i am sure!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.