• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Need external storage space advise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 Ghz powerpc G5 2.5gb ddr Ram - OSX 10.4.8
Currently shooting standard def video on my sony pd150.
Started out with a terabyte drive, put space is dissapearing at an alarming rate due to the amount of footage being imported. I would like a nice external drive that I can set up with a raid system.

Any links or recommendations?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I've seen several multi disk racks on eBay that are Raid -- try searching there. You'd add your own disks, of course, but I've seen 4 disk racks for a couple hundred dollars.

Man, you filled a Tb already? That is a lot of footage.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Elmis,
Can you send me an example link so that I can get an idea of prices/specs, etc?
Thx much!

I've seen several multi disk racks on eBay that are Raid -- try searching there. You'd add your own disks, of course, but I've seen 4 disk racks for a couple hundred dollars.

Man, you filled a Tb already? That is a lot of footage.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.