Networking giving me headache!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Al iMac * 2.0GHz Intel
This mac to windows networking is doing my flipping head in!!

I've added both of them to the same workgroup, (called WORKGROUP) and I can sometimes see the PC and sometimes see the laptop, but other times I can't see either (both running vista)

Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
You're better off than I am, my Mac doesn't even see the PC running Xp-I'll get it working though,with a little help from my friends. Good Luck Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
I think it's a Leopard thing... I was using a Macbook with Tiger and all was great. Bought this pro with Leopard and can't see my PC's. Nothing in my network has changed except Pro with Leopard...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The problem is that you're using the default workgroup name, and that can throw off both Windows and OS X. I would suggest picking a different workgroup name.

You might want to check out this thread:

leopard vista files sharing?

And this tip:

Vista to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I went through yours Kash and MacFanBoy's and got PC's seeing my Macbook but still can't see the PC's... I haven't changed the workgroup name yet... Guess I'll try that tomorrow when I have more time. I'm wondering if it will make a difference since the PC's are seeing my Mac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok... MacFanBoy... It worked... I went to the "My First Mac" link and everything worked... Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Glad to help.
My First Mac site is also a great resource for other problems/questions that you may have..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.