Blagging Free Stuff?

gjm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 2.4 Ghz, 1GB RAM, 320GB HDD
Basically, on Tuesday im going to go to Apple Store to buy the 20" 2.4 iMac (because i've given up on windows completely now) and was wondering if it is worth pushing the sales person into giving me some free stuff???

Have any of you guys blagged any cool free stuff when buying your macs?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I got a copy of Parallels free when I bought my iMac, but that's cause it was a store promotion. :)

Reaction score
No, you will not get anything free so don't make it hard on the salesperson or yourself. Believe me, my dad tried everything and I almost didn't get it because nothing was included free.

edit: although nothing was included free, i still consider iLife, time machine, and spaces to be great free apps included

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
You have until tomorrow to get a 99 dollar rebate on a printer. They have a few 99 dollar ones by HP or Canon. If they have any Leopard shirts sitting around you might be able to ask for one of those.... The ones they gave away on release day.

OP
G

gjm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks alot for the swift replies, might have to go for the printer rebate if its still on when i get there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
thanks alot for the swift replies, might have to go for the printer rebate if its still on when i get there
Yeah, usually that sort of thing is decided by store policy, not by the salesperson.

They won't give you anything that is sold in the store, you might be able to get promotional junk if they have some though. (mousepad, T-Shirt)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Well, BestBuy is your best choice if you're looking for this kinda stuff I guess.. Apple Store won't offer you much freebies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.66Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, OSX 10.5.6
Hehe, worth a try - however neither of the Apple shops near me are " blaggable" unfortunately.

S

Reaction score
Apple stores aren't blaggable through the guy at the checkout, only the manager (possibly the supervisor) has the power to give out free stuff.
Trust me, i work in retail i know how these things work, unless you have permision (like a phone shop), you can't give out free stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
n/a
i bought a 24" imac at the weekend and the offer was a £60 printer refundable by sending off a form.......however it takes 8 weeks to get it back! I went for the dearer HP and paid an extra tenner!

OP
G

gjm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
On 22 of January 2008, i bought my first iMac! I got a larger student discount in-store (13%) than ordering it off the website and got the 3 year apple protection plan for £58 instead of over £100 it was originally. Also got a £60 printer coz i wasn't to fussed about it and already got a decent printer.

So far, so good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Not seen this post before and it looks like you're sorted but for anyone else hoping for something free - go to an Apple authorised partner or whatever they're called.

I was in a store in Bristol a couple of months back picking up my MacBook from the service people and there was a sales guy there offering a free RAM. He was saying something along the lines of using it as a sweetner for people that buy machines directly from them - I know I went away thinking that my next purchase might be from that store :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.