Macbook is best laptop Ive ever owned

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I hate to say it but I should have got a mac along time ago. I love everything about it. The magnetic charger plug is great. being able to scroll windows just using 2 fingers on the trackpad is great. Everything seems faster. Even surfing the web. maybe its just in my head, but mac really does feel faster then windows.

I set up duel boot on my machine thinking I would spend a great deal in windows but mac is so easy to learn within the first week I feel comfortable enough where duel boot is hardly ever even used anymore.

i think a new fanboy is born.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Well done SS, you've made the transition to the dark (and by dark, I mean better) side. Bwah hahahaha.

Reaction score
Im in the same boat, OS X is just better. I cant believe how ignorant i use to be. Never going back to PC. Next thing i need is a 24" Imac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
I have been with mac for about 6 months now and in spite of a hiccup with Leopard am very happy with it. There are a few things that I would still like to be able to do (I used to do on a different OS over 10 years ago), eg true drag and drop, but generally I love the feel of the Mac and ease of use.

I am just waiting patiently for the 10.5.2 upgrade as I have so many issues at the moment which sour my experience - unable to use Safari, and numerous other apps which cannot deal with the proxy identification required here. All I can say is TGIF - Thank God I've FireFox!

The one thing that always stopped me from moving to Mac was the software available for PC, but now that there is BootCamp, that is no longer an issue.

Reaction score
Thanks to all you folks here in the forum for all your recommendations and advise, I too recently made the change from PC to Apple going all out... iMac first, iPhone next, then MacBook Pro all within a month's time $$$ There's no looking back... I just wish I made the switch years ago. I'm VERY happy!

Reaction score
I concur with what has been said. I was a PC and Windows user for several years (all the way from DOS to XP), but got a Macbook a few months ago, as I was tired of Windows crashing/freezing all the time. And Vista was way too graphical for my taste (and OS X is more secure, can't get traditional viruses, etc).

I immediately tried to convince some PC users about how good the system was, but didn't really get a response (I suppose they think that the system doesn't really exist or that MS is the only people who can code an OS ?)

I've stopped doing that now, cause you're never gonna be able to convince everybody anyways. Plus, the less Mac users there are, the less risk there is of someone writing a virus for OS X. Obviously, these people wants to hit as many as possible, thus they choose to write them for Windows.

Just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
I still use windows, mac isn't a serious feasable gaming interface yet, neither is linux.
I use XP and Vista, OSX and Linux. They all have their uses.

k3s

Reaction score
Well it's good to hear you love your mac. Well it is faster in a sense, i would open a large file (about 20 inches by 14 inches) on a mac in photoshop and it would open within a couple seconds, compared to my co workers brand new laptop which can take anywhere from 1min something to open the same file. Well enjoy your mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
There are a few things that I would still like to be able to do (I used to do on a different OS over 10 years ago), eg true drag and drop...
Uh? True drag and drop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
I used another OS years ago and was able to drag icons into anything, (I cannot remember now what I used to do) and that is something I have not fully experienced anywhere else. The Mac is great for this however and I am sure I will get used to the way the Mac works eventually. I love two fingered scrolling, that makes it so hard to use a PC laptop.
Uh? True drag and drop?

Reaction score
i've used macs on and off for a few years, but just recently got one for myself. best part is...no more blue screen of death!! :-D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I used another OS years ago and was able to drag icons into anything...
Perhaps that was I.B.M.s OS/2. I saw a demo of it once and everything on the desktop was treated as an object. Perhaps it had some tricks up its sleeve. ;)

Since icons represent something, the destination needs to be able to understand that or else it will be ignored. So the destination will end up being an application such as Word, Safari, or the Finder, and that application is supplied information from the dragged content. When understood, some activity will occur. This would have been similar in that OS from years ago. The destination defines what can actually be done with the dragged content. Mac applications tend to be very good at this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.