analogue clock on desktop

D

daughter_anna

so, i was wondering how i could put the analogue desktop (found on system preferences>date and time) onto my desktop.

i saw this at an apple store and thought it was the cutest thing.. thanks in advance!:)

OP
M

m1k

Well, what do you mean? If you want a floating box with the analog time inside of it, go to System Preferences->Date and Time->Clock and change 'View In' to 'Window' and 'View As' to 'Analog'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
I really wish you could set it to show the date on the menu.

OP
M

m1k

You can do that, gort. Go to System Preferences->Date and Time->Clock and change 'View In' to 'Menu Bar'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
no it only lets you show the day and time, not date, i.e I want mine to say "Sun 9/12/2004 7:30pm" not just "Sun 7:30pm." Unless I'm missing something, of course.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I remember there used to be a Clock.app included with the OS...I think OS 10.1 had it. It seems to be gone in Panther. Wonder why?

OP
I

iSheep

technologist said:
I remember there used to be a Clock.app included with the OS...I think OS 10.1 had it. It seems to be gone in Panther. Wonder why?
It's been replaced with the instructions a few posts above - it does all the same things the one in 10.1 did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Ti PB G4 867MHz 1GB RAM 10.4.6
I made a few desktop clock faces you might be interested in.

Watches.jpg

Here is the download link... they are freeware.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/mwill15/Watches Final.zip

Edit: Wow the similar thread list dug up an old one, I didn't even see the date.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.