• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Help With Boot Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i got windows xp home sp2 from a mate through an email (i know big file) but when it came time to use boot camp it said i needed a disk so i burnt it and labled the disk WX2HOEM_EN and all the stuff went onto the disc but boot camp couldnt recognise it so i got a parallels and the was ok until i started to surf the net and play call of duty (the mac is 2.16 GH) and because i was running 2 OS'es at the same time it went to slow so my problem is i want to burn the WX2HOEM_EN.iso to a disk, one that boot camp can recognise, can someone please help me.
many many thanks tom.

ok so lets say i got a copy and downloaded it from the windows site and now had to put it on a disk so boot camp could recognise it, ani ideas. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
I guess the Moderators haven't seen your post yet.
You're asking people to assist you in violating copyright law on a public forum that has a well-established policy about NOT supporting such activities?

One of the primary reasons NOT to trust applications and proprietary Operating Systems that are available on a service like Limewire is that you can't be assured that it's a legitimate, fully viable application. In this case, I'd say that's what has happened.

Find a trustworthy and legitimate source for the OS (Walmart, Staples, Ebay) and try again.

OP
T
Reaction score
yeh i am goin to do that anyway from a friend but i cfb waiting but you know thanks for your help:Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Not only are you asking for help with something illegal, you obviously missed the Announcement at the top of this forum stating that threads like this don't belong here anyway. Goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.