09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I am shopping for a new all in one printer for my mac book pro and would
like to keep it wireless and i saw the hp has one with ethernet and wondered
if this would work with an airport extreme i am already using the usb for
a hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I would get one of those new Samsung models selling exclusively through Apple right now, but I don't know if it's wireless.

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Lexmark all in one (P6250)..... having previously owned Epson printers. I think I will be going back to Epson shortly.

Reaperman

Reaction score
I have to vote for the Canon mp610. Very affordable and great quality. I got it when I first got my Imac and have been very happy with it. I use it to scan photos into the Imac and for general photo and text printing.

Reaction score
I have the Lexmark P6250 and can't get the scanner to work. I do have an Epson R220 that seems to print fine. Anybody have any experience with the Epson RX680. I want to ability to use an all in one with my iMac. I don't have a problem buying a new scanner if needed but would really like a all in one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have the Kodak 5300. Great printer, cheap ink.

Reaction score
i have a canon mp series and i just bought my dad a mx printer for xmas
the high end mx does great wirelessly and has built in card reader, fax, and does a decent job at photos

highly recommended.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have a C5100 series HP, use it connected to the router via ethernet and share it with my Win and Mac machines, both wired and wireless.

OP
osxx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is there one that will allow you to print and scan wireless.i saw hp had a
ethernet all in one but have had no experience with hp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I have an HP 3210 all in one and I can print and scan wireless. It is one of the best printers ive ever used.

Reaction score
I have a Canon Pixma MP610 that is a great printer - except it won't scan with the Mac. I've read several posts here and there about this problem. Too bad, otherwise a nice printer. I'll have to look at some of these alternatives.

OP
osxx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I finally found one that would do it all the HP 6380 networking
so far so good ink is cheaper than the Epson and it will scan,copy
and print all through airport extreme.

Reaction score
I have a Canon Pixma MP610 that is a great printer - except it won't scan with the Mac. I've read several posts here and there about this problem. Too bad, otherwise a nice printer. I'll have to look at some of these alternatives.

Update - I had the usb cable from the Pixma (the only port available on the MP610) going
directly from the printer to my Airport Extreme. Finally, I found out if I connect the USB cable printer to the iMac, I can print AND SCAN (which is all I was trying to do) on the iMac, but then can't print from the MacBook. Neither Canon (which I had to pay for tech support, grrr, or Apple was able to help).

I'm using all the USB ports on the iMac (keyboard, mouse and camera) and it only has three.

So the semi-solution is to connect the USB to the iMac if I want to Scan and then switch it back to the Airport Extreme in order to print from both printers. I probably can also get a USB hub, so I don't have to switch - maybe. Either way, it's annoying. I also have an external HD and my computer cables are totally out of control as it is. I really don't want yet another unit that I have to have even more cables!

Printer sharing only addresses the printing and not scanning. Hope this made sense. So the Canon Pixma series is great for one printer, but a pain with anything wireless. So when the Pixma 610 (and no doubt the others) say compatible with Mac, be forewarned. One Mac yes, two, no.

Reaction score
Samsung Wireless is tops - I've been through 2 Lexmarks, they are very sensitive and SLOW

OP
osxx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The 6380 HP has worked great had one problem with wireless scanning
but HP's support center was very helpful unlike some others I used so far
for network all in one I highly recomend this it is also 802.11g wireless.

Reaction score
I finally found one that would do it all the HP 6380 networking
so far so good ink is cheaper than the Epson and it will scan,copy
and print all through airport extreme.

I just got a 6380 for Christmas, I'm having problems connecting it wirelessly to my MBP, and my pc through the Airport Extreme. Any suggestions, or settings that need to be changed in Airport Utility? They both recongize the printer, but say its unavaible, but is on the network and tested out good? Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.