Running Mac, Windows, and Linux Smoothly

Reaction score
I have seen many videos such as Smooth multitasking between Mac OS, Linux, and Windows XP � BlackMacBook.com Videos and YouTube - Fast OS Switching on MacBook where they can run Mac, Windows, and Linux, all by running Parallels, and just tapping the side of the screen. I just ordered my black macbook the other day. I want to know how to do that when I get it. Can someone give me specific instructions? Do have to have windows installation discs handy? I don't really know what I'm doing. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
After you get your MacBook and set up your user account on it, download the Parallels trial and follow their instructions.

Reaction score
hey,
i am planning to buy a macbook (2.2GHz, 2GB RAM). i will be using the parallels desktop on it. just wondering how you can install windows applications on it. also, of parallels and fusion which one is better? this might be the decisive factr for me in getting the mac.
cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey,
i am planning to buy a macbook (2.2GHz, 2GB RAM). i will be using the parallels desktop on it. just wondering how you can install windows applications on it. also, of parallels and fusion which one is better? this might be the decisive factr for me in getting the mac.
cheers

You'd install Windows apps like you would on any Windows computer. You ARE running Windows via Parallels, after all. As for which is better, I suggest a Google search to find actual side-by-side comparisons.

OP
N
Reaction score
hey,
cheers

thats exactly what i got. xD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so would i need a windows installation disc for all of this?

Of course. You need Windows XP with SP2 already applied, or Windows Vista.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.