Two Huge Displays on Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Macbook Pro but I have one question. Is the Macbook Pro able to power two 40-42 inch LCD Tv's displaying the same image at the same time, running at 1920x1080p ? What about one 50 inch?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
According to:
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/graphics.html

You get three options for using your display: dual-display mode, video mirroring, and lid-closed mode.

So it looks like a NO to have 2 external displays.

The 17" MacBook Pro's native resolution is 1920 x 1200, and the page touts their ability to connect to Apple's Cinema Displays, the larger two of which support that resolution, so I would be inclined to say YES to the single 50" TV.

OP
D
Reaction score
OK thank you. I needed it for my business, but the one 50 inch might be better. I just check the sales paper and they have a good 50 inch TV for not too much money but the problem is that its resolution is only 1366x768, would the Macbook pro be able to display a full screen on that tv without any distortion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
I dont see why not... the size of the tv/monitor has nothing to do with what it can output to... its the total resolution of the displays (how many pixels the GPU can handle).

Like two 1080p TV's would be a combined resolution of 3840x2160 (thats how many pixels it has to reproduce). Myself... I think a 8600 can pull that off, easy.

1366x768 is a cake walk... the MBP 15" already does 1440x900.

We are also talking about DVI here... through DVI should be ZERO distortion, if there is any... its going to be the TV's fault.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The MBP can't natively as it only has one DVI output. There are DVI adapter splitter solutions out there, so you might look into that.
http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=1403

What do you need the displays for? If you're just running videos, the 50" model's resolution is fine, but not full HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.