Installed Leopard - mac is slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
I installed leopard yesterday. Ever since my imac is running noticeably slower.
Opening my documents, even searching through my home folder is slower at responding.
I have more than the minimum spec for this OS. Is there anything I am missing here?

Failing that i'm going back to tiger. Leopard has some amazing features (coverflow for docs & stacks mainly) can anyone tell me how to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Did you do the basic upgrade from Tiger to Leopard? If so, almost everyone will tell you to back up your important files, re-insert the Leopard disc, and do an ERASE AND INSTALL. There were some parts of Tiger that were causing issues when upgraded to Leopard, and the erase and install seems to do the trick. It is, afterall, the cleanest way of installing an OS.

Once you do this, replace the backed up files and you're good to go.

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
yeah, i did an upgrade. how do i make backups of my keychain items, firefox favourites, itunes playlists and widgets?
I have no idea where any of these are located.

Reaction score
All your documents and settings are stored in \Users\<your username>, back up the entire contents of that and you should have everything you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
All your documents and settings are stored in \Users\<your username>, back up the entire contents of that and you should have everything you need.

My understanding is that it is best to archive and install if you are migrating from Tiger to Leopard. The added advantage is that your setting, files, and parameters are preserved. I have heard of very few people that haven't experienced some kind of problem that haven't updated in his manner. And as soon as they go back and archive and install, and install the new security updated, those problems go away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.