Noob here got a few questions

Reaction score
ok first i love having a macbook i am a IT guy working in th efeild went to school for and so on

anyway i made the switch and really enjoi it so far but i have afew issues

my cat decided to sleep on the keyboard i left it open my fault
however since then its been acting weird

first thing is when i noticed her on it and moved and went to play with i now had this voice utility talking to me weird so i found the program and put the sound on mute but is there a way to completely turn it off?

2nd is now i have a black outlined box around the harddrive icon but it doesnt jsut stay there it go various places on the screen sometimes square sometimes a rectangle but never also different

and 3rd how come when when i dont use it for a few minutes the screen will go black but not show a screensaver i have set-up

and whats with the missing a key stroke now and then its quite annoying and i have all the updates

oh and i installed a pinball game and now it wants me to buy it but where can i uninstall it

thanks and sorry for so many questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
1) System Preference>>> Universal Access >>> Turn VoiceOver OFF.

2) Not sure what you are talking about... sorry :(

3) System Preferences >>> Energy Saver >>> Adjust it too your liking...
You'll also want to go to System Preferences>>>Desktop&Screensaver>>> Screensaver Tab>>> adjust WHEN your Screensaver turns on... make sure it is not set to turn on AFTER the time you set the display to "sleep".

4) I don't have a missing keystroke problem so I can't help there... try creating a new account and find out if the problem exists in both accounts.

5) Drag the application to the trash (or highlight it and press Cmd+Delete).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.8 Ghz, 64GB SSD, iMac 24"Core2Extreme, iPhone 8GB, iPod Classic 80GB
The box is to do with the universal access aswell, i had the same problem. I cant remember how i got rid of it exactly but it was in univ access section in syst pref.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
Well, your cat is clever - changing all that just sleeping on the keyboard - shows just how easy a Mac is to use ;) !!

Sorry, that tickles my funny bone, but glad to see that the great guys here have got you sorted.

OP
S
Reaction score
thank you guys everything seems to be cleared up

and the box seems to have gone away

damm cat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I think the box surrounds whatever voiceover is saying...
I am not completly sure, but when I turn voiceover on, the box is there

OP
S
Reaction score
yeah that was it now i just hve to see whats up with the keystroke s its most the "A' kinda annoying

i went to the genius bar today and she got me sorted out with ichat and AIM

but apparently i cannot forward my yahoo mail to the mac mail program with paying yahoo a premium

if any of you guys know if it works or not let me know oh and apparently the "p" is acting funny as well

the genius bar said they would replace the keyboard if it keeps up

later

Reaction score
I've never had such keyboard issues, but I hear about a lot of people complain about it. My thinking has always been it's just people getting used to a new kind of keyboard. Some people find Mac and laptop keyboards in general harder to type on than normal ones, but I've never understood why. I much, much prefer laptop keyboards, since the keys are so much lower. Normal ones have keys way too high for my taste. Sorry, I'm rambling now.

/rambling

Okay, anyway. I've never had this trouble, but I hear many have. Just keep typing stuff and if it keeps messing up, go ahead and take it back in.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You want to check your Yahoo Pay email on OSX's Mail App? If so I can help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.