• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

.rm?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPhone & div.
hi
I search this, couldn't get an answer
I downloaded a video that is a .rm when i open it i uses VLC and had no picture just sound so i converted it with iSquint and still now picture what can i do?
also what is a .rm?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
real media i think and real dont have a mac player so delete and move on

Reaction score
Real does have a mac player but it's old and unsupported. Try Flip4mac to play it or Ffmpeg to convert it (you need the rm codecs).

EDIT: I was wrong. Lack of sleep. Download Realplayer here: http://www.real.com/
Wasn't wrong about Ffmpeg tho. Converts easily.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll give that a go Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
FFmpeg works or try Handbrake/Mac The Ripper to convert. Real Media does not have a recent player for Mac i been looking as i need it as well now LoL

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I cant open it in flip4mac and FFmpeg cant find a download?
why cant it all be the same?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
flip for mac is for WMV only i think. and use firefox to download FFmpeg that should work

Reaction score
for .rm (real media files) you do have to use the real player.
as far as I know there is no other possibility to play those files (unlike windows). I might be wrong but I am pretty sure...you could always convert the clip itself but for me that would be too much of a hassle.

Reaction score
Yes, I was wrong about Flip4mac. You can use Ffmpeg to convert but you need the rm codecs to do it. I think you can get them here: https://helix-producer.helixcommunity.org/downloads.htm
Ffmpeg is a pain to install, needing 2 different downloads of other apps to run (mencoder and something else), but it does a great job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 2.5 GHz
hey man just download the lastest version of real player for mac,i had the same problem. real.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.