LAN PC's in Finder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, Intel 2.4 Core 2 duo, 3gb RAM
Lately, I have noticed that Finder does not always display connected PC's. When this happened in Windows I could do a network find but I don't seem to have a similar option in OSX - I just have to wait till they show up!

What options do I have? (Some of these PC's are permanently on and connected and the iMac is left on permanently as well so I have no idea why they 'disappear' (though they are not 'mounted')

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Either hit to Go > Network in the Menubar to see if anything is there. Or, you can directly enter the IP address. Just right click the finder icon in the dock, hit "Connect to server". Enter the IP address as SMB://xx.xx.xx.xx/ and hit connect.

And if that's you in the avatar (user picture), then I can't help but say, "hey! What's up!" :)

OP
higginsdj
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, Intel 2.4 Core 2 duo, 3gb RAM
Ahh.... Network - of course :)

I downloaded muCommander and just learnt about SMB. Interesting that my Parallels C drive is just a subfolder of my OSX C drive - I was envisioning a separate reference of some sort.

Yes, that's me in my astronomical observatory. "Hey" back at you :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.