Very new to mac, need help

Reaction score
Just bought a Macbook Pro from someone (used), and he has the password I forgot to get it from him. I can't download anything without this password, I also didnt think to get a reformat disc. I think I can order a reformat disc right? But I need to know the version of the OS or the Mac or something, can someone help me out please? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
You'll need the install disk to reset the password... or to reinstall the OS clean (recommended)... Just call the person you bought it from.

Click the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen... select "About this Mac"... if you need more info, select "More Info" ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Elgyn, can't you just get back in touch with the seller and ask? You have just purchased an expensive piece of equipment from him/her - I am sure you must have some contact info. I would try that first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
I always hate questions like these. Every now and then it seems like someone comes on here saying they had a computer stolen...and then every now and then there is someone asking about not having a password.

Surely you don't spend 800 dollars on a new computer without having some sort of contact information of the person they bought it from.

Elgyn, I'm not accusing you...its just sort of something i've been wondering about.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.