ATV vs. PS3 vs. 360..

Reaction score
So the Apple TV has finally come to a point where it's worth purchasing for me... Currently, I stream content from my Mac with my PS3 and 360...

Anyone see any reason to buy one at this point? I mean, I can put HD content on the PS3, and download movies/HD with the 360..

Am I just in desire of another sexy AAPL product? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, OS X 10.5.1
I download HD movies on my 360 as well, but it is VERY slow. I'm usually waiting 20min to 30min to start watching. Also, they have a very limited library. Apple has a MUCH bigger library, you can start watching them A LOT faster and they are cheaper. $5 instead of ~$6 for 360. I am definitely getting an Apple TV unless U-verse does something fancy very soon.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok, I can see the benefits there..But what about ripping/streaming/DLing movies... That's what I mostly do... Any reason to get the ATV vs the other two figuring in the streaming issues?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
As you already have a PS3 AND and 360, does it matter?

For those who have neither, then simply if you just want to stream and buy content Apple TV or an equivalent alternative is the way to go.

If you want a games console & be able to stream/download content choose the gaming machine that has the most games of interest.

If you want a games console & be able to stream/download content, but don't have a PC/Mac, choose the gaming machine that has the most games of interest AND and Apple TV.

If money is no object and you love gadgets, get all three.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
Just get it i love the one i got two days ago

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz MBP 2gb ram, 200gb 7200rmp hd, 512mb 8600gt
I think it will be worth it just to rent movies, imo, ATV has way move movies than the 360. I plan on getting an ATV soon.

bkt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Black C2D 2GB, 8GB iPhone
I have a PS3 and with my D-Link NAS I don't plan to ever buy anything else. I able to stream anything I want through it to the PS3 (music, movies and photos). The thing is currently getting more use as a media extender than a game machine (simply because I don't have enough time to actually sit down and play games at college). Once the course work lets up I'll be playing Burnout and Guitar Hero exclusively!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.