Somthing is going crazy with my ibook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 800MHz, ipod 80GB
Well, i bought my ibook off ebay about 2 months ago, everything went pretty good(i did a hardware test once,and it said everything is sweet), and i've decide to buy some RAM to boost my ibook, everything is pretty normal after i installed the 512mb RAM yesterday.

However, today the ibook is going crazy, first everything is running normally, running itune, firefox and neooffice, out of nowhere the screen went blank black, not sure if the computer is still running, but the screen still got power, because i could still see the bright apple logo from the other side.

I then press the power button, and the ibook reboot itself, everything seems back to normal, and i thought maybe that's just an one off incident, back to my firefox, after around 5 mins, the screen went off again...........press the button again------>>>>this keep happening not matter what i do, so i decided not to use my ibook, back home, thought i will use the hardware testing disc to see whats going wrong, turn the ibook on, put the cd in, press c/d nothing happens, i restart the ibook at login page, press c/d again still nothing happens, and the funny thing is now i can't get my disc out, it got stuck in the CD drive.

Well a little current report, ibook is able to turn on, sometimes the screen is blank, other time, everything seems normal again, but after a while the screen will go blank black again:Shouting: oh yeah i've heard some weird noise from the HDD, but the SMART is normal, so i don't normal what is going on.

So i was wondering if you guys can help me out, any idea for what is happening to my use to be normal ibook.

PS: Now the ibook is reading the disc, its like i turn on the ibook, and all i hear is the optical running, but nothing is on the screen:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
if everything ran fine for months until you added hardware such as the ram. the first thing i would do is remove the ram you added and see how it runs. Put it back the way it was when you got it basically. Then see how it runs.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 800MHz, ipod 80GB
thanks, i did that, but nothing since has changed, turn the power on, screen blank, the ibook become very noise, the fan is running like full speed, have no idea what's going on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
could be an overheating problem. use vaccum cleaner over fan to remove dust. can cause overheating and the problem you have described.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.