Uninstalling Unwanted Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20"iMac, 2.16ghz dual core
Sorry, this may sound like a silly question but being used to a PC and going through the Control Panel, Remove Software thing I want to make sure I am doing it right. If I have unwanted Applications (an old version of Photoshop that I no longer want for example) do I simply drag the application to Trash or is there a "correct" way to do this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Sorry, this may sound like a silly question but being used to a PC and going through the Control Panel, Remove Software thing I want to make sure I am doing it right. If I have unwanted Applications (an old version of Photoshop that I no longer want for example) do I simply drag the application to Trash or is there a "correct" way to do this?

Thanks

Yes, just drag it to the trash. It may leave behind a few files but they will only be a few kb in size typically...nothing to worry about. You might also try downloading Appzapper if you're concerned with leaving small bits behind.

http://www.appzapper.com/

Personally, I just drag it to the trash and forget about it. It's not like Windows where you have to worry about registry entries and such.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.