Test of a simple CSS menu in IE5/Mac and Safari

S

s_ivan10

Hi guys!

I wrote a simple CSS menu and need to test it with IE5/Mac and Safari but unfortunately I don't have a Mac here :( . I would appreciate it if someone could take a look and tell me whether it looks OK. I have included a screenshot on the page showing how it should look if there are no problems.

Here's the url - http://members.lycos.co.uk/compat1/sample2.html

I suppose Safari will cope without any problems but am a bit worried about IE5. :confused:

Thank you in advance! :)

PS: I am sorry about the advertisements on the page- they are from the Lycos hosting.

OP
C

ChicoWeb

s_ivan10 said:
Hi guys!

I wrote a simple CSS menu and need to test it with IE5/Mac and Safari but unfortunately I don't have a Mac here :( . I would appreciate it if someone could take a look and tell me whether it looks OK. I have included a screenshot on the page showing how it should look if there are no problems.

Here's the url - http://members.lycos.co.uk/compat1/sample2.html

I suppose Safari will cope without any problems but am a bit worried about IE5. :confused:

Thank you in advance! :)

PS: I am sorry about the advertisements on the page- they are from the Lycos hosting.

I think your in luck. It works great in IE 5.2 and safari. In IE, it is probably about 25 pixels taller than your screen shot. Not sure if that matters for you or not.

OP
S

s_ivan10

ChicoWeb, thank you so much! :) I ate my balls trying to make it compatible with IE5+/Win and it's a great relief to know it's OK in IE/Mac (I was almost sure about Safari without testing it :)).

I suppose the height difference is coming from the font support in IE but definitely I don't care. :D

Thanks again!

OP
C

ChicoWeb

s_ivan10 said:
ChicoWeb, thank you so much! :) I ate my balls trying to make it compatible with IE5+/Win and it's a great relief to know it's OK in IE/Mac (I was almost sure about Safari without testing it :)).

I suppose the height difference is coming from the font support in IE but definitely I don't care. :D

Thanks again!

Maybe, I'm not sure. The height was the same in safari. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
my cpu jumps up to 100% when viewing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.