Apple Store vs Apple Online

Reaction score
Hello, I hope I'm posting this in the right place, if not, mods please feel free to move it to the correct forum.

I'm planning on making the switch from PC over to Mac within the next week. I'm a college senior and in need of a new laptop and after many long years of working on PC's I've simply had my fill of windows and am planning on purchasing a new macbook pro. Now my question is if the same discounts I get on the Apple Online Store also apply in their retail stores. As a student I get a discount on the computers dropping the price of the macbook pro from $1999 to $1799 and apple also has a promo going where you get a $100 dollar rebate on a qualifying printer.

If I go into an apple store would I receive the same deal as one their online store? I worked for Circuit City for 4 years and know that sometimes a company's webpage offers don't always match the in store offers. Also from having worked retail and been on the receiving end of complaining customers, I'm not willing to fight for them to price match the website. I don't have a major problem waiting for the computer to ship, I would just like to get it asap. Also the printer rebate isn't extremely important to me, it wouldn't stop me from buying the laptop in the store if I don't get it.

Thanks for any help.
-Chris

Reaction score
i ordered online today forgetting about student discount and i called up with the number listed in the confirm email and they changed it for me over the phone no problem.

so you can do the same im sure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy from Amazon? $5 discount, $150 rebate, no tax, free shipping. And that price is available to everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
You can get the same discount in the Apple store, just take a copy of your tuition bill, student ID, etc. and they also need your drivers license to verify that you're a student.

Reaction score
Just curious about the student discount, does it apply to the macbook pro's as well? How much is the actual discount? I went to my colleges apple store through the colleges website and the prices didn't seem any different.

Reaction score
it does apply to the pros, tahts what i got, when i called online i saved $245 on the computer and $110 on apple care, it was huge.

they also did not ask me for any proof of student for some reason.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.