I bought an iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Well a week ago my HP pc crashed and died on me, so it was time for a new computer and I ended up getting a iMac 20"lcd, 2.4GHz:D and it's just so sleak. (I've researched iMacs since August 07)

I'm still setting up things and getting myself familiar with the OS.

I may need some advice/help which I will ask here.

I have my documents, photos, firefox bookmarks etc all on a cd. I will be copying some things onto my mac and do the rest later.

Please advice me in easy step-by-step guide...
1: Where do I save the firefox bookmarks?

2: I want to use my trackball mouse which is used via USB, can I just plug this into the iMac while on? or do I have to turn mac off.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
Congrats on your new imac

I can't answer your fire fox question as i don't use the program.

The trackball should be able to be plugged in while your comp is on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
For Firefox go to File > Import Bookmarks and select the file you saved your bookmarks to.

As for the trackball question, sanity1082 is correct. Just plug it in while the computer is on.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Thanks sanity1082 and Eric559:) I now have my trackball mouse plugged in and it makes things a lot easier for me.

I first of all need to copy my Firefox bookmarks onto my iMac, but where do I put the bookmarks? Like which folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
Eric said how to do it, open fiorefox, go to File -> import bookmarks -> find your cd drive and import, you dont need to copy anything to any folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.