• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Australian Myspace "Party Boy"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Ever heard of those parties that get posted online and then get out of control?

Here is our very own - he is in a lot of trouble at the moment.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23048978-29277,00.html

POLICE chief Christine Nixon may bill the parents of a Victorian teenager who held a wild party up to $20,000 in costs.

Ms Nixon today said she was appalled after officers were pelted with bottles, gardens were trampled and neighbours were terrorised by rampaging youths at an unsupervised party in Narre Warren South at the weekend.

Police, who estimated the crowd at 500, had to retreat until back-up arrived, including the air wing and the dog squad.

The teen who issued an open invitation on MySpace to the party at his family's house while his parents were away was today unrepentant.

Corey, 16, acted out every parent's nightmare by staging the party while they were holidaying in Queensland.

But he is answering to more than just mum and dad after Saturday night's debacle.

Terrified neighbours in Narre Warren South said they feared for their families and homes as a sea of drunken youths lured by the open invitation on the social networking website smashed bottles and destroyed letterboxes.

Corey told the Herald Sun he was expecting 200. He admiited large amounts of alcohol were consumed by the young crowd.

"It was just an open house party and a lot of people came and it overflowed on to the street," Corey said.

"The cops came and told all the people to quiet down and get inside. It just kept getting bigger and bigger.

"There were people bottling cars and the whole streets were flooded with people. We knew we'd get about 200 but there was probably about 300, 400 easily."

Linda Guillou, who has lived in Galloway Drive for seven years, said she feared for her two children after teens spilled on to her front lawn. She said her husband armed himself with a cricket bat.

Mrs Guillou called police after a bird bath in her garden was kicked over.

"The second time we notified the police we were starting to get a little bit frightened for the children because things were getting broken."

Rose Layton, a grandmother who lives nearby, was shocked by the rampage.

"They were going to the toilet out the front, throwing bottles and jumping on cars," Mrs Layton said.

"There was such a mass of them. We were terrified."

Police said the party was out of control.

"We're really lucky none of our officers were injured," Sen-Sgt Russell Patten said. "You've got criminal damage, discharging missiles and conduct endangering persons."

Corey's parents cut short their holiday and are expected home today.

Josh, 16, who was at the party, said police inflamed the situation when they tried to break up the crowd.

"Everyone was just here to have a bit of fun and then the cops came and stuffed everything up," he said.

Things got worse when a youth paraded naked in front of the media at the house yesterday.

Police have seized tapes from TV news crews and are investigating possible charges against the man after he ran down the street with no clothes on.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i don't know who to be more outraged at; the parents who brought all these kids up or the kids themselves. just plain stupidity.

OP
cheetahastra
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Very stupid kid indeed. He thinks what he did was cool too.

It's all over the news here at the moment.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well him and all the idiots who showed up. just because there's a large group of people doesn't give any one of them the right to just do as they please with no regard for anyone else's property.

mob mentality = (something i can't say here)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
*shaking my head in disgust*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
What are the laws there for being tried in a court as an adult? If I were his father, I would talk to the cops about getting him thrown in jail for a while. Honestly, most parents these days go to great lengths to protect their children's stupidity. I would go to great lengths to make sure they pay for their crimes and realize the consequences of their actions. I would at least make him repair all the damage done in the neighborhood by his "friends".

The boy obviously doesn't a brain cell in his head, trying to blame the cops. Yeah sure, if that's the case, every time I see a cop I'll just smash a car or rob a store.

The cops should try to identify as many people as possible form the video and prosecute them as well.

Post updates on the outcome of the situation if you can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
wish i had that many friends lol. bit of an idiot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
He's actually 18... I don't know if that makes it better or worse. But yeah, complete idiot... he's proud of it too. Saw an interview last night him saying "I don't regret it. Best party so far everyone's been saying!" or something like that...

Here's the interview:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xc0CB6URrV0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
My friends new years party got gate crashed, however it didnt get this bad.

Thats like my mums worst nightmare :p

Haha just watched that video, that kid is a legend!
he doesnt seem to care

But on a more serious note...
what an earth was he thinking!!!

like c'mon 500 people?

I dont think common sense is that common anymore and he seems to prove it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wow, I just watched the video. The instant I saw the kid I thought, what a complete twit. He is taking no responsibility for his actions. He needs to be thrown in jail. He actually thinks wearing those stupid sunglasses will make him famous. They shouldn't have even let him on TV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
If the parents had nothing to do with it and didn't know anything about it, then holding them responsible is probably the worst thing to do, especially if the kid really is 18.

I know if I was a parent in that situation that I'd rather have him thrown in jail than to be forced to pay for my kid's stupidity. I mean really, if the parents are punished and not the kid, that just reinforces that he can get away with what ever he wants while some one else has to pay the consequences.

That's why there's juvenile detention centers, homes, and facilities.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Coming from a 19-year-old college student, I find this utterly ridiculous. Who, in their right mind, would post something up on Myspace about a party... Must have a been a large house if he was originally expecting about 200.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
that looks fake to me even thow it is probably all true!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wait changed my mind it is real...That guy is just a random nobody who has now gone big! I really hate that guy how cocky he is!
but on the other hand life short and every one should live it to the full :D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
but on the other hand life short and every one should live it to the full :D

absolutely! no matter the others who's lives they interrupt by breaking their stuff, scaring, their kids and urinating willie nilly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
absolutely! no matter the others who's lives they interrupt by breaking their stuff, scaring, their kids and urinating willie nilly.

I dint mean the party I ment life in general if I have explained my self right :S

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
just thought you were commenting on the actions which were the topic of this thread. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.