NEW MacUser......need CALENDAR software

24z

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20"(Jan.2008)
I'm getting my new imac next week. Now I need to find replacements for some of the programs on my PC which use day to day.
Most important one is the CALENDAR,
The one I use is the best there is, free: UK Kalender
I use it to schedule my art shows. I enter 5-7 possible art shows to apply to on a particular day, so the events become scrollable.
I enter the deadlines...etc. I also use colors for those shows i applied, and different color for shows accepted into. Plus a reminder for the Deadlines, 10 weeks, or 10 days, or 3 weeks or 3 days...etc.
It's really very very flexible and powerful but easy to use and lightweight.
the author has no plans to develop for mac.

Any similar program for Mac ? It has to be on a desktop, not online.

And a nother program - for copying snippets of text from websites or just entering. I use NotesHolder Lite. Anything like this one if somebody is familiar with it ?

Many Thanks!
Viva Mac!:Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
UK Kalendar sounds awfully similar to the built in iCal...

Reaction score
Good advice from Kash, try iCal and see how it does ya.

Ready for more good news?--You dont need a program for copying text snippets. Just highlight the text, and drag it onto the desktop (or folder etc.). Its that easy. And for just typing the notes in, there is a wonderful Dashboard widget built in.

Reaction score
When I switched to mac I also opened up a google account. I use spanning sync to sync my google calendar with iCalendar and honestly, you won't need anything else... you'll ALWAYS have access to your calendar no matter where you are... did the same thing with mac mail...

OP

24z

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20"(Jan.2008)
Thank you people,

kash, you're right, looks similar to "UK Kalender"..I'm happy now!:D
Dashboard widget sounds great too, thanks!
Everything is so well designed, with practicality in mind.
Steve Jobs mind is well ahead of Gates:Cool:

Just to know that I won't need to waste my time looking for little programs and then overloading the system.

I'm using a lot a very neat screen capture "FastStone Capture".
Should I guess something like that is already in ?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Control + Shift + 3 will do a screen capture on a mac

Also there's a widget called Screenshot Plus that's got a few little features to it... will capture your whole desktop, or just a window, or a widget itself...

Reaction score
I use Faststone Capture as well...well, at least until my Mac arrives on Friday ;)

OS X has just about all of FC's abilities built in already. Plus there's an awesome screen capture utility called Snapz Pro X available for purchase @ $70 normally - if you go check out www.macheist.com though, you can get Snapz plus about 10 other apps (including a very nice Photoshop clone) for $49, everything included :)

In addition, you can record *movies* of what you do on-screen in Snapz, which is excellent for making tutorials.

Hope this helps!

-Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I have SnapZ (Pro version) too ..... broke down and purchased it, it's GREAT! ... but if 24z doesn't want to purchase a program for a simple snapshot of their desktop... the widget will work just fine, as will the key commands.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.