problem with BOOTCAMP please HELP

Reaction score
I bought and installed OS X Leopard and set up boot camp with windows xp. I've been using boot camp fine for a few months until just recently my macbook is stuck in windows xp. I try to restart windows and when the grey screen pops up usually I hold down CTRL and can switch between OS, but recently the grey screen pops us and I hold down CTRL and nothing happens. I just goes boots windows. I've tried both shutting down and restarting windows with no luck. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
In Windows Control Panel, but after that I can't remember (I don't have a PC in front of me) there is an option about which OS you want to boot into by default - in your case it will be Windows, but you can set it to Mac.

Sorry I can't be any more specific, but I am sure that one of the more knowledgeable people here will sort you out soon.

To make choosing the OS easier at startup, I use BootPicker (see my signature) which is excellent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Startup Volume in Control Panel. And I believe it's the Alt key, not Ctrl.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
It is definitely the option (alt) key you're suppose to hold down at startup, not the ctrl key.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
That's the one I couldn't remember - thanks Knightlie :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.