Entourage, BB8830 or PocketMac is combining contact categories

Reaction score
Hi. Just made the switch from PC to Mac. (Yay) Although I am running into a few annoying problems in syncing my blackberry 8830 phone with the mac.

#1 The categories are being combined. For instance, if I have a contact that is a member of two or more categories, the combined list of categories shows up as one single category. (eg. Bob Smith is a member of both work and friends category, on BB (and outlook) he shows up as member of both categories. On Mac (both in Entourage and when i import to address book) he shows up as a member of a single newly created category called "work, friends." Either Pocketsync or the mac apps aren't recognizing the "," as a delimiter. Annoying.

#2 Some of my note fields simply aren't showing up. I assume this has something to do with paragraph marks in the note field although i honestly can't tell you when i use them and when i don't. (some notes, clearly with line breaks, transfer over just fine).

It's 2008. Mac spends tons of dough with their funny ads telling us all to switch. Should we really still have these compatibility challenges? "Why can't we all just get along?"

Thanks for the help!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.