New switcher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4 GHz
I just switched this week to an iMac 20" 2.4 GHz C2D and I have to say that I'm quite pleased with it so far. I've been a PC user since the good ole days of windows 3.0 . The main reasons I've decided to try a mac was because I have a friend with a mbp who kept on preaching to me about osx and also the fact that I needed a new computer without vista(and majority of new pcs' include vista and I prefer xp). I know that I could've just downgraded a new pc to xp but I didn't feel like searching for drivers to make the new hardware work with xp. So I thought why not a mac where I can try something new and bsd free and dual boot with xp to play my games. So far I can say that i'm very impressed with leopard(wayyyyyy better than vista). I love the way it boots up quick and the way the interface is very simple and user friendly. I've noticed that even xp on the machine doesn't load as quick. So far I must admit that I'm very happy with the performance and space saving design.

Just a few newb ?s'

1) How do I go about transferring my itunes music and account from an old pc to my iMac?

2) Is Firefox as good or better than IE or Safari?

3) Does Mail work with hotmail?

TIA

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
welcome mvlbr, allow me to introduce you to the Search feature of the forum, always available at the top-right of your browser.
You are not the first newb to join this forum, so your questions have been asked many times, and answered many times in a thoughtful and comprehensive way.
1) answer by Search
2) Searched!
3) Thank you, Search. (Read the whole thread!)
See you around!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
I just switched this week to an iMac 20" 2.4 GHz C2D and I have to say that I'm quite pleased with it so far. I've been a PC user since the good ole days of windows 3.0 . The main reasons I've decided to try a mac was because I have a friend with a mbp who kept on preaching to me about osx and also the fact that I needed a new computer without vista(and majority of new pcs' include vista and I prefer xp). I know that I could've just downgraded a new pc to xp but I didn't feel like searching for drivers to make the new hardware work with xp. So I thought why not a mac where I can try something new and bsd free and dual boot with xp to play my games. So far I can say that i'm very impressed with leopard(wayyyyyy better than vista). I love the way it boots up quick and the way the interface is very simple and user friendly. I've noticed that even xp on the machine doesn't load as quick. So far I must admit that I'm very happy with the performance and space saving design.

Just a few newb ?s'

1) How do I go about transferring my itunes music and account from an old pc to my iMac?

2) Is Firefox as good or better than IE or Safari?

3) Does Mail work with hotmail?

TIA

1) can't answer that but I have seen the info here, just browse through pages.

2) I actually dont mind Safari now after deal with the pain of bringing my bookmarks over. And It scrolls much smoother.

3) Mail does not work with hotmail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Well seeing you are now using a mac...the future is so bright you need to wear shades......sorry couldn't resist that.....if you don't understand...don't worry...it's just an oldie thing.....

Seriously if you read the switcing from windows section it will help.....

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Well seeing you are now using a mac...the future is so bright you need to wear shades......sorry couldn't resist that.....if you don't understand...don't worry...it's just an oldie thing...
(emphasis added)

"The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades" was released in 1986 by Timbuk 3. And it's an oldie now...:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.