• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Can Steve Jobs End the Writers' Strike?

Reaction score
The Macworld Expo may do more than simply announce new Apple products.

At Macworld, Apple's CEO is expected to announce a movie-download deal with studios that could go a long way toward settling the walkout's main issue. Get the full story here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
That would be so great, first Letterman, now Steve Jobs. "Pencils down! All around! Hollywood's a union town!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
"Can Steve Jobs End the Writers' Strike?"

Yes, his holiness, Steve Jobs, the second coming, the savior of mankind, will single handedly end the writer's strike. Praise be to Steve!

Ok, maybe I'm going over the top, but seriously, I wouldn't give him that much credit, especially before any announcements have even been made. These type of articles hoisting Jobs and Apple on a pedestal for inflated reasons just get a little annoying after a while. There are numerous other outlets making this market and already in play, including the internet, mobile phone services, and online retailers that these gluttons are refusing to acknowledge the existence of for 3 years while they line their pockets with "supposed" profits. I'm sure they'll have no problem marginalizing Apple's announcements as well. I'm not saying it won't have a significant impact on sales, but all they have to say is it's a brand new service with no solid numbers to base negotiations on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15. 2.6GHz. 2GB. Airport Extreme Base n. iPod nano 8GB.
If I were in Vegas, I would bet he does it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
What if you were in Atlantic City?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15. 2.6GHz. 2GB. Airport Extreme Base n. iPod nano 8GB.
silly rabbit... west is best, east is least.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
Well it looks like the writer's strike is over!!! Oh, wait. No it isn't. Thanks Steve! I counted on you to end this so I could start watching poorly-written TV shows again but NOOOOOOO. Now I am forced to spend time with friends and family and go outside my house. BORING!

For those without a sarcasm meter, I am being sarcastic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
bump that! just watch the boring reruns!! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Let me end this thread.

NO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GB RAM, 2.2Ghz, 160GB HD. 160GB Ipod Classic. 16GB iphone 3GS. Red 2G Shuffle.
I've been aware of the strike over here in the UK where we typically don't get programmes for 6 months or so after you have, but what's it been like with the strike? A complete cease of new material? Have new, poorly written and constructed shows emerged in their place, constant repeats of episodes you've seen before? More adverts... what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The bane of television, reality TV :Grimmace:

I really wish this strike would end already. I'm tired of watching old episodes...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.