NEWBIE - Connecting to wireless printer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac book pro - 17, 2.33Ghz, 2 GB RAM : iPhone 8g
Kinda new to Mac. Recently upgraded to 10.5 which required a new printer (old printer not supported by manufacture on new OS).

Bought a HP PhotoSmart C4385 Wireless. Had little trouble getting it configured and on the network, but I cannot connect to it via the Mac. I am assuming it is a networking issue. I cannot even ping the device, but it does show as connected (with a dedicated IP) in the router. M daughters XP machine can ping and print without issue.

I have done the latest driver thing to no avail.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Reaction score
Did you ever get this working?

I'm looking at either the C4385 or the C7280 because of the built in wireless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Kinda new to Mac. Recently upgraded to 10.5 which required a new printer (old printer not supported by manufacture on new OS).

Bought a HP PhotoSmart C4385 Wireless. Had little trouble getting it configured and on the network, but I cannot connect to it via the Mac. I am assuming it is a networking issue. I cannot even ping the device, but it does show as connected (with a dedicated IP) in the router. M daughters XP machine can ping and print without issue.

I have done the latest driver thing to no avail.

Thoughts/suggestions?

This is on your MBP? Have you tried this? Turn on the printer. On the mbp go into system pref>printers. At the bottom left click the + sign. Then click Bluetooth at the top. You shuold see a message that it's "discovering". when the printer comes up select it. you should be able to do the same thing in any print dialog box that comes up, like in Word, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.