Have to buy today...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.6 C2D, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
My dad wants me to buy my new MBP today, so I can make sure I have it before school starts. If I buy it, and at macworld they announce a new update, I should be able to exchange it, right?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
No, see if you can wait until Tuesday's keynote speech

I cant see any significant changes in the Macbook line, all the rumours are of a sub notebook, but who knows apart from Steve Jobs and his immediate circle

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.6 C2D, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
No, see if you can wait until Tuesday's keynote speech

I cant see any significant changes in the Macbook line, all the rumours are of a sub notebook, but who knows apart from Steve Jobs and his immediate circle

I can't. I won't get the computer by the time I leave. I don't really care about a sub notebook. I just don't want to lose on a graphics card update.

Reaction score
Id go ahead and buy and not worry about it. I doubt the MBP line will have any significant updates, and to be honest I find the graphics card on my MBP to be quite adeqaute. I have run COD2 and a couple of other games using boot camp/XP with no problems.

Plus, not matter WHEN you buy, there will always be some update or another within six months or so.

T

todd51

Go ahead and buy it, changes will always be made. 5 months after I bought my CD MBP, they came out with C2D processors, upgraded hard drive, and ram.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
wait till macworld

no matter what

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
I can't. I won't get the computer by the time I leave. I don't really care about a sub notebook. I just don't want to lose on a graphics card update.

The graphics card in the newer MBP's arent a slouch...and any update they do to them will be a minimal gain at best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Aluminum iMac C2D 2.0 Ghz/4 Gb Ram/250 Gb HDD/ etc....
I really don't foresee any upgrades to the MBP line....they just bumped up the processors.....personally, if they were going to update more than that, they would have waited all together, as I don't see a benefit of a subtle update one week, and a major change the next. Plus if you're that unhappy with what you order, you can always take the sell/trade route afterwards.

-Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Macbook
Wait, please. But just as a note the upgrade program only works with the online store. Show your father this thread.

Dad for all that is good in this world do not force your offspring to buy this now! Dad buy it online and it will be sent out later, nobody lives or dies by missing a laptop the first week of school.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
If you MUST buy before you leave, buy it tonight or tomorrow, and DON'T OPEN IT. If something new is released, you can bring it, UNOPENED, back to the store and exchange for the new machine.

If you open the box, there is a 10% restocking fee subtracted from your exchange credit. All returns/exchanges MUST be made within 14 days of purchase.

Bottom line: if Dad must buy the machine for you before you leave, buy it, DON'T open it, and exchange it on Tuesday if a newer model is announced. If updates are made to the MacBook Pro line, the pricing will be the same as it is now. If a new sub-notebook is released, who knows what the prices will be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.