Just some n00b questions

Reaction score
I have the middle MacBook, with 1 GB of RAM and the double layer disc drive.

1. Can Limewire harm my computer in an way?

2. Should I upgrade my RAM?

3. What's the best Instant Messaging on Program? (Currently on Adium)

Any other helpful hints would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Everyone starts out somewhere. :)

1.) Limewire to date can not harm your computer as most viruses on there are made for windows. Putting windows on your computer can mess it up though. Plus Limewire isn't legal so you always risk the RIAA coming after you. Which is why I use iTunes.

2.)RAM. It depends what you use your computer for. Surfing the net , youtube,chat, and emails. Then no. You have plenty of RAM. More than that than you might want to consider another GB.

3.) Best IM program (to me) is Adium. However Trillian Astra might change that soon

OP
J
Reaction score
The RIAA also thinks it's illegal to rip your own CD's to your computer. Thanks for the help, the only think I don't like about Adium is that you can't do Video Chat. Also, is it normal that after the first week or two the computer starts moving a little slower?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Yes the lack of video is one of the few downsides to Adium. i believe Yahoo supports it though. Your computer will get a little slower if you are putting more applications on it. Otherwise it really shouldn't get noticeably slower.

Im glad to see the UK has got the right idea. In a lot of ways the UK seems to have more of a clue about what's good for it's citizens than the states

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Powerbook G4, 1.5 ghz powerpc processor, 1.25gb ram, 80gb hd, OSX 10.5
get limewire pro, don't download viruses.

upgrade your ram with ram from other worldly computing (owc)

adium is the best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Everyone starts out somewhere. :)
3.) Best IM program (to me) is Adium. However Trillian Astra might change that soon

Trillian Astra ooks amazing... Sent in my request... Waiting anxiously...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.