Wirless comparisons and input

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2 Ghz powerpc G5 2.5gb ddr Ram - OSX 10.4.8
http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/catalog/products/z100g/index.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en#5

I'm interested in getting this one because of the ZoneAlarm reputation.

I'm running a G5, G4 and a few laptops that are about 2-3 years old (so I don't have a card that supports the new N standard) I also don't see myself buying a new computer for a long time.

My cable modem delivers 100mbps max. I won't be upgrading to Fios for a year or so.

My colleague said that i should go with the D-Link DIR-655 because its cheaper and the security is still the same.

He also said that the DLink is 14x faster than any router.
But I read elsewhere that that may mean nothing if your internet provider or modem can only provide up to 54mbps or max100 mbps..hope i'm making sense....Anyway...

My main concern is security...having the best wireless security to protect against hackers, etca etc.

What are your suggestions? How's the Apple Wireless Router, in terms of offering excellent security..

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.