move adobe apps into folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook
I've had my macbook for a week now :)

The only thing is in applications theirs 14 folders for Adobe products, when I move them all into a /Adobe/ folder they all get a "App moved, repair now" pop up, and even after clicking 'repair now' on every load it still comes up. Is theyre a proper way to move them, I'm not used to osx :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
before I installed photoshop (photoshop, bridge, stock photos, device manager) I created a folder in apps named "adobe".
When I ran the potoshop installer, I just chose the install folder to be /Applications/Adobe instad of /Applications/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (1G)/ 1.42 GHz PPC / 512MB Crucial RAM / 80 GB HDD / 160GB LaCie mini
Usually, moving apps around shouldn't cause problems -- a lot of people like to keep their \Applications folder organized -- but it's caused problems for me. OS X usually registers changes in location, but moving apps around just like that increases your chances of running into problems.

There might be a better way to do it, anyone know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
as I said in my earlier post, you need to create the folder before installing the adobe products...
When running the installer, there should be an option to change the default install location. (just change it to your newly created folder)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
This is specifically the case for Adobe apps cause there's a lot of deep rooted stuff. I guess the only way to do that is to do it while installation like our friend Nputer has mentioned...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I originally installed photoshop using the default options. (install to /Applications) I got so sick of 5 adobe folders in my apps folder that I uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it using my above method.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.