I was a right clicker until roughly three weeks ago and...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
The first thing I did when I got my beautiful MacBook was that I installed Firefox.
However, I get this really weird thing on my desktop whenever I'm using it...
http://i6.tinypic.com/6u9wc9z.png
See that thing under Macintosh HD? Er, yeah. I tried going to my Applications folder and putting it in my trash, but when I open firefox it comes back.
I also get this window when I open firefox... screenshot coming right up, I need to restart Firefox first!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That's because you haven't actually installed Firefox. Double click on that icon on your desktop and then drag the Firefox icon inside to your Applications folder. NOW you have Firefox installed.

Oh and btw, you can right click on a Mac ;P

OP
i'm awkward!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, edit...
When I try to drag it to trash directly from my desktop the trash icon turned into an eject icon like so...
http://i8.tinypic.com/8brs29g.png

Also, the window wouldn't pop up... I guess it doesn't always do that. I'll get a screenshot when it does.

OP
i'm awkward!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's because you haven't actually installed Firefox. Double click on that icon on your desktop and then drag the Firefox icon inside to your Applications folder. NOW you have Firefox installed.

Oh and btw, you can right click on a Mac ;P
Yeah, I discovered that... which sorta ruins it, doesn't it?

ANd I tried that, but it's still up there. SHould I restart firefox?

OP
i'm awkward!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry for the now.. triple post, isn't it? >____>
But I tried dragging the icon in the thing to my applications folder, but the window and icon still pops back up.
http://i3.tinypic.com/87n5thf.png

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my first macbook (purchased 3 days ago). just trash all the firefox stuff, re download it and folow the instructions on the FF download page. as unhelpful as that sounds thats all what i did.

Reaction score
that hard drive icon with the firefox logo means you didn't actually install it.. you are just running it from the image.

to install you have to double click on that and drag the big firefox icon into the application folder.. as soon as you do that you installed firefox.. and by the screenshot i can see you already did it. now just eject that firefox drive on your desktop and from now on if you want to use firefox open the actual application (go to applications and click on firefox)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
What you need to do is remove the FF icon from the dock, it is pointing to the wrong location. After copying the file from the dmg into your applications folder drag the FF icon from there to the doc or open it from the applications folder and go to the dock and rightclick the FF icon and select Keep on Dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz 2G 15.5" 10.5.2; Iphone 3G
What you need to do is remove the FF icon from the dock, it is pointing to the wrong location. After copying the file from the dmg into your applications folder drag the FF icon from there to the doc or open it from the applications folder and go to the dock and rightclick the FF icon and select Keep on Dock.

That is what I was getting wrong... I deleted from the dock and then put the big icon in the applications folder.... then ejected the hard drive looking icon...
Now everything looks nice and clean!

I'm in love with my macbook pro and I'm NOT afraid to say it. It seriously feels like I'm using a computer for the first time again!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Someone show him that little picture on how to install apps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
Take a look at this pic:

http://i3.tinypic.com/87n5thf.png

See that? Good. Quit Firefox. Don't just click the little red X in the corner, go to the Firefox menu and Quit the application. Now on that picture, you can just drag the Firefox icon straight to the folder in that picture. See the arrow which is pointing at the folder? Drag it to that folder. That's right, drag the Firefox icon 1 or 2 inches to the right and just drop it in. Firefox is installed. Now before you launch Firefox again, drag the thing that appears under your MacHD icon to the trash. It will be ejected and gone. Now launch Firefox and you're good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
1. Restart Mac
2. Double click white Firefox disk icon on the desktop.
3. Drag the big Firefox icon into the Applications folder on your hard drive.
4. Drag the white Firefox disk icon into the Trash
5. Double click the Firefox icon in your Applications folder. Drag it onto the dock if you're going to use it frequently.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.