ELO Touchscreen with Mac Mini

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a new Mac user, I just got my first mac yeaterday (the IntelMac mini) so please be patient with my questions.

I am typically a gentoo linux user, so the unix foundation for OS X is part of what brought me to Mac - not to mention the sleak design is great!

My Situation:

I have installed the ELO 1529L touchscreen (USB) with my mini (I'm using Leopard) and It works great! Until I reboot. When I reboot, the drivers don't seem to work anymore. So I re-install and re-calibrate and it works again - until I reboot again.

How do I get the mac to starting up with this. I also want it to work with the greeter (where you choose a user to log in).

The install creates the directory:

/tbupddmx

where all the touchscreen files/executables are, it also creates:

/System/Library/Extensions/tbupddmxhid.kext
/Library/StartupItems/TBUPDDMX

In *nix, we typically have /etc/init.d or /etc/rc3.d or /sbin/init for startup scripts, but I didn't find those, instead, I found /Library/StartupItems where the install already put a script - but it doesn't seem to run - or does not run at the right time.

If, after I reboot, I run:

/Library/StartupItems/TBUPDDMX start

I get a buch of memory errors. The touchscreen only seems to work after the driver re-install.

Any Ideas on getting this to run at startup so I don't have to re-install after every boot?

Thanks

Reaction score
as for the user log in, you will have to go to System Preferences and click 'Accounts' there should be an option where you can have the login screen appear after boot up. as for your other touchscreen issue, im not too sure, but you might try going 'Account's in Sys. Preferences once more and choosing, 'Login Items'. here you can choose what applications to start when Mac OS X boots up. im a new mac switcher also, so i hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Well, generally, startup and scheduled tasks are taken care of by launchd. So feel free to experiment with that if you like.

But I'd just contact the manufacturer: [email protected]

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions.

I read deeper into the requirements for the driver and they say that they ar for Tiger - no mention of Leopard. I re-installed Tiger and my problems went away. No word for elotouch.com yet. I sent them a message.

When using the proper OS X version, the greeter also works with the touchscreen as well.

Thanks -

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.