New switcher in waiting!!! :)

H

hetz0085

Well I'm waiting for my first Mac. A new G5 17" iMac. These next few weeks of waiting are going to kill me! I'm hoping to get the Production Suite to do some video editing too. Anyone know how many computers you can install this on (educational priced one) and if they can be on the same network if more than one is allowed? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Well, Let me be the first to welcome you to Mac-Forums, and to the Apple World; Where the grass IS always greener :D

Congratulations on purchasing an iMac! I can't answer you question regarding the production suite.

Welcome!

OP
I

Icarus

Have you ever done video editing before this? If not, then perhaps you should hold off on the $1,000 program and play with imovie to see if you really like it.

OP
H

hetz0085

Yes I'm in school for video production so I have used Macs and I love FCP. Also with the edu. discount it's only $499. :D

OP
P

psychotoe

hetz0085 said:
Well I'm waiting for my first Mac. A new G5 17" iMac. These next few weeks of waiting are going to kill me! I'm hoping to get the Production Suite to do some video editing too. Anyone know how many computers you can install this on (educational priced one) and if they can be on the same network if more than one is allowed? :)

Heh!! understood, I'm witing for my 20" as well. The wait is tough I know but well worth it.

Congrats on your purchase
;)

OP
W

Wapa18

hetz0085 said:
Anyone know how many computers you can install this on (educational priced one) and if they can be on the same network if more than one is allowed? :)

i have the educational version of final cut pro 4, and it doesn't seem to have any restrictive capabilities on how many computers you can install it on. all it requires is the serial number from the box, but it doesn't even submit that info to apple if you don't want it to.

OP
H

hetz0085

Wapa18 said:
i have the educational version of final cut pro 4, and it doesn't seem to have any restrictive capabilities on how many computers you can install it on. all it requires is the serial number from the box, but it doesn't even submit that info to apple if you don't want it to.

Awesome. I'm broke enough right now so I was going to split this with another student. Hopefully the whole suite works the same way.

3 more weeks! (hopefully ;) )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.