Software Question

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been anticipating to moving to a macbook pro from my windows based desktop for a while and I have a few questions.

I do a lot of multimedia work, mainly graphic design and audio production so here goes my questions:

- Will colors on the macbook look the same as it does on my monitor that my desktop uses?

- What kind of heat issues does the macbook pro experience?

One of the biggest reasons, apart from price, is the fact that I dont know if a lot of the applications I have purchased a few years ago and freeware I've collected over the years will work on a mac... mainly my virtual instruments (VSTs)...

Is there any way I can run windows VST's in a mac and have them work in a mac application such as Logic?

This is mainly it right now... thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
- Will colors on the macbook look the same as it does on my monitor that my desktop uses?

well It could be better depends what monitor you have been using(not 100% sure.)

I dont no about the macbook pro but my macbook gets quite hot but I dont think it will effect your work very much, also you could always buy extra fans ect. if you no what i mean...

One of the biggest reasons, apart from price, is the fact that I dont know if a lot of the applications I have purchased a few years ago and freeware I've collected over the years will work on a mac... mainly my virtual instruments (VSTs)...

I dont no this one but I dont think the freeware will work but ime not sure :(

Is there any way I can run windows VST's in a mac and have them work in a mac application such as Logic?

I dont no what this is sorry probably really simple as well.

I no I dint help too well but Ime sure some one will come along and explain it a bit better :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Why are you changing over to a Mac from Windows if you are still going to be using ALL of your old windows programs?

Just be aware that using Windows under a virtual machine emulation or bootcamp partition you can still get virus's, spyware, trojans etc in your windows partition.

I would strongly suggest that you name all the programs that you use and I will attempt to suggest mac alternatives..

If you absolutely have to us a windows program then don't use any networking feature of windows...or back a backup using vmware or winclone for bootcamp partitions and use this if you get any problems..

You will not infect any part of the mac os with any windows virus etc..

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been anticipating to moving to a macbook pro from my windows based desktop for a while and I have a few questions.

I do a lot of multimedia work, mainly graphic design and audio production so here goes my questions:

This is mainly it right now... thanks for any help.

1. The colors will probably different on the MBP built in screen, but if you hook up the same monitor you use now to the MBP you should get the same colors.

2. Many people experience heat issues with the MBP, but it wont affect performance, only your legs ;D --There are many options for cooling it down.

3. First i would check the Website of the program and/or www.macupdate.com for a Mac version of your program. For all that are windows only, i would pick up one of these: Parallels, Fusion, or Crossover Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.